Fibreglass Garage Doors
Fibreglass garage doors are new material and still represent a small section of the market. This, however, should not dissuade you from trying out an interesting material for garage doors. At Professional Garage Doors we have a number of fibreglass options to consider given their range of benefits.
How are fibreglass doors made?
Our fibreglass doors are made through a quality process that uses the best of materials for a supreme finish. One way of getting fibreglass doors is soaking fibres of glass in a plastic resting to create a solid fabric. Cloth could also be attached with glass fibres and the material soaked in resin. You cannot tell the method used to arrive at the end-product.
At Professional Garage Doors we have several grades of fibreglass doors which include:
- Single-layer – This consists of one layer of fibreglass set between aluminum framing to create door panels.
- Double layer – This has insulation foam set between two layers of fibreglass which helps with heat conservation, adds strength and improves the soundproofing qualities of the garage door.
- Triple-layer – This is a premium fibreglass door and the strongest type. There is insulation between each layer of fibreglass lending its superior strength and also energy efficiency.
We also have a wide range of styles available in our stores which offer you more solutions to work with. You can have fibreglass garage doors with two windows, multiple windows up to 20 and without windows. Other styles we offer are:
- Vertical raised windows: These are textured to look like wood
- Vertical slat panels: Here the slats are laid flush with each other
- Horizontal raised panels: These are the preferred style when placing windows on the fibreglass and feature a textured surface.
Why you should get fibreglass garage doors
If you love the feel and look of wood garage doors but are not ready to meet the maintenance costs, then our fibreglass garage doors are a great alternative.
- Fibreglass doors are resistant to pest infestation. Things like termites and pests that drill holes on wooden walls cannot get through fibreglass.
- They are lightweight making them gentler on the torsion spring, garage openers and other door parts. This adds to the lifetime of your garage door while it is also easy to manage to operate the door manually should the need arise.
- Fibreglass doors are also non-corrosive allowing them to survive harsh environments and making them suitable for coastal areas as well.
- You do not run the risk of the door expanding and contracting with changes in temperature and moisture. This can result in the door not fitting properly and cracking to appear.
- They have great insulation abilities; about five times those of wooden doors when filled with insulating foam.
- They offer great flexibility in finishing is easy to paint and also easy to customize to fit your needs. If you want a wood-like appearance you can get it with fibreglass doors but enjoy the strength of a steel door.
We provide you with a great selection of fibreglass from the top manufacturers in the country. Contact us today.